Hybrid Hope fans already know that me and the fiance are getting hitched. If you're new to the Hybrid Hope phenomenon (ha), guess what! Me and the fiance are getting hitched.
Here's the timeline:
June 3, 2008
To do in interim:
- Make complete invites with hotels/restaurant listings, directions and details. Reminder cards (I hate "Save the Date" - noone outside of wedding fiends know what that means. Plus, STD? funny acronyms = not interested for this wedding).
- make wedding dress (gray)
- make little hat/veil thing
- figure out and buy rings or decide reasonable alternative
- ask sisters to be our "people of honor" or whatever.
- help sisters figure out what to wear (black/pinstripey)
- register for gifts. decide if we even want to do this step.
- figure out favors (plant seeds? little homemade notebooks?)
- assume reception to be at our house. plant plants that will look great in may.
- assume reception to be at somewhere else. plan this. (kennedy school? that place on 92nd?)
- figure out who's going to be the officiant.
- figure out chairs for the wedding.
January 1, 2009. Wait in line to make sure we can book Mount Tabor Park for the wedding ceremony.
May 23rd, 2009. Saturday. Early afternoon wedding ceremony. Lets call it 1pm. Mount Tabor Park. On the top, most likely. Reception beginning shortly thereafter, but not picking up steam until people are done exploring Mount Tabor. We'll give them 30 minutes to 2 hours. So quick ceremony consisting of:______________________ followed by a bit of enjoying the park, then folks coming back to our place for the reception, cake, croquet, games, and drinking. Then food around 5pm, then more games. Movies! Speakeasy meets garden party. Mobster meets nymph meets zombie movies. Dear god, what have I gotten myself into?
Anita O'Day's Honeysuckle Rose
Drawings in Motion might be someone I'll want to talk to in the future.
Speakeasy Ghosts and Decatur
and all that jazz
History, compliments of moderndrunkardmagazine.com