Friday, May 30, 2008

Where has the sun gone?

A few days ago when it was warmer, I started making a headband. I know, it sounds to most folks like a winter thing. Something to keep your ears warm or whatever. Or maybe that's because I spent 8 years or so in blustery (and alternately ridiculously humid) Illinois.

Anyway, I wanted a SUMMER headband. Something light and breathy that would stay in place, and hold my hair in a way that downplayed the messiness that it gets into from time to time.

What's funny is I don't really wear headbands. Bandannas, yes. In a nifty triangle hiding all of the mess, or folded like a headband to reveal my Sonic the Hedgehog minus the blue birdsnest of a hairdo.

(Like this one I made my sister in law:
Photobucket)

It was really easy to make. Garter stitch plus size 7 or 8 needles plus cascade fixation. I don't like pink. I don't know why I chose pink. But here it is, in all its glory.

headband knit knitted garter stitch cascade fixation

Note that I'm wearing a long sleeve shirt and a jacket. It got colder than when I started the infernal thing. (Please DON'T note all the shoes and crap in the background).

I'll write up the directions later. Right now, my bed's calling me. Night, ya'll.

1 comment:

Tia Colleen said...

And I sure do like my red cherry headband <3

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...