Friday, January 22, 2010

A pre-sharing rant

So after months? of my sis-in-law encouraging her readers to post pics, I was going through my one of my photobucket accounts. I used to take more pics. I never put them online anymore. It seems like everytime I find a site I like, I decide it's a spamalicious waste of time (myspace) or not easily interfaced with other sites (photobucket and ravelry, although that's changed). So I just left 'em on my computer, and then slowly stopped taking them. But I'd like to get better at taking pics. That won't happen if I don't take them. I've gotten some good shots, I've been told. However, pretty much any photo with a bridge and some water and black and white will make people think that it's art or whatever. Too many people think they're super fancy because they take a picture of something super fancy. Or it's blurry, accidently, and they act like they're the jackson pollack of photography. No humility, they think everything they crap out is fantastic. But enough about Reed College alumni...

How did I get on this subject? Apparently everything I start discussing today turns into a rant. Ponder this post, if you will, or ignore it. Everything is garbage, there is nothing new under the sun, it's all been done/said/felt before, and we're moving on to the next catastrophe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...