Friday, February 22, 2008

Two Gifts, Two techniques

I recently made two purses for two people.

More recently, I crocheted this little number:
crochet,Happy Hooker
I thought about making a small bag for that 50s swap, and figured acrylic would be perfect for that, especially some of that pretty vintage stuff I've managed to collect. However, lavender was not listed in my swap partner's favorite colors. However, it does perfectly suit a friend who's birthday is fast approaching.
Here's the lining. It's a wall hanging or a napkin with a purple based floral design.
crochet,Happy Hooker
The whole thing was easy to make.

Then there's also this felted number:
felted sweater equals a bag
It used to be a GAP sweater hoodie. I picked it up at a thrift store and felted/fulled it to within an inch of its life. I chopped off the top, and used the torso seams for the sides of the bag. I stitched up the bottom, and used a bit of a wrist cuff to make a small pocket.
felted sweater into a held bag
It was a nice bright project to work on in the middle of the winter. I finished it the second week of December or so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...