Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Cream Cheese Frosting

This is my go to recipe for frosting. It's ruined me for anything with shortening. Almost. 1/2 cup of butter, softened 8 oz cream cheese, straight outta the fridge. I don't know why the butter's softened and the cream cheese isn't, but whatever. 2 cups powdered sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract Mix the butter and cream cheese until super smooth. I recommend using an electric mixer if you have one. Mix in the vanilla. Sometimes I go really crazy and add an extra 1/2 tsp for filling kind of frosting (like in the infamous pumpkin roll). Sift in the powdered sugar while mixing. I add 1/2 cup or so extra sugar if it's for a cake or cupcake topping - it makes it a little firmer and prettier. Things this frosting goes good on: Pumpkin rolls spoons fingers toast graham crackers zucchini bread and its ilk

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...