Thursday, July 8, 2010

long time no post

There's a few changes in the 'hood that I can't post about now, yet.

But I think we're going to get a new computer.

And with new computers come new responsibility. I've got all these things that I've made, cool things that don't quite fit the people I know and love. And I've been meaning to sell them. Which requires letting people know that they're for sale.

The trouble with brick and mortar, or anyone other than a sell-your-own-stuff website, is everything I make is a bit one of a kind. Which would work at a place like The Village Merchants, an awesome store on SE Division here in Portland. But I'm thinking about reventuring online.

Etsy, I donno. So so so overloaded with sellers. But lov-li, how many people look at it or other venues? I donno. Also, I'm not really into spending crazy amounts of time online to hype my products. Also, I'm not that into "hype." or "products."

So maybe I just talked myself out of it. Maybe craft fairs are the way to go. But every booth I've seen at recent craft fairs have rows and rows of similar stuff, and I get bored making the same thing too many times in a row. I cannot make 300 wallets without going insane.

Meh. Maybe I'll figure something out. Meanwhile, I'm done distracting myself from cleaning my craft room.

See you soon, internets!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...