Friday, June 19, 2009

down jacket. help me "upcycle"

I've been thinking long and hard about this blog. I don't want it to be a uber-personal diary. I do want people to read it and enjoy it. But I don't want to edit all the politics out of my posting. But I have. I've been more worried about scaring readers away and making things somewhat more "professional."

And it sucks. So what if my posts rarely seem like they stepped out of the pages of a ten dollar craft magazine? So what if I don't offer high five and accolades for a craft product that I don't like? I don't need to not feel like writing posts anymore just because I haven't taken pictures (at exactly the right amount of light, and edited them to point of perfection) to go with my posts.

You'll have to put up with me. As is. The good and the bad. The boring and dull and excited and bright.

This is where you come in. Sometimes I might need your help. Like today.

I have a black down jacket. The zipper's busted. It's not cute. It's a bit long, and big around. I wanna turn it into something else. Too small for a bed for our 75 pound dog. Cats have plenty of places to sleep. What should I make out of it?

Open the seams and save the down, stuff it into new little stuffed animals? Make it into hats? Gimme ideas, and I'll give you a few more posts :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...