Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm growing tobacco

Yep, you read that right. I'm a non-smoker, but something about growing tobacco has intrigued me. Yes, you need to grow it away from tomatoes because they have common attackers (mosaic virus, specifically), yes, I know that your great-aunt used to bury cigarette ashes under tomato plants and they produced the best tomatoes ever but it's still not the greatest idea. And you'd have to start smoking. And yes, I know it needs to be processed, aged, et cetera.

However, I have smokers that I know and love and was thinking that home grown would be better than over the counter stuff with additives.

But do I really want to process it?

Maybe they could do the processing, I could just give them the leaves.

Or, I could make the leaves into a tea and see if I could screw up my heart a bit. Oh, wait, tobacco tea is a GREAT insecticide. That totally means I should think about drinking it!

Maybe I'll just grow it as an insecticide and flower (these species is known for its flowers), rather than encouraging my fam to poison themselves...

They don't yet have their second set of leaves yet, so I've got time to decide.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...