Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Cards: See what I did there?

Holiday cards on the wall december 2008

When I was little, my Nana would pin up previous year's Christmas cards around the fireplace. Or maybe it was around the record player area. We don't have a fireplace, and this is near our record player area. Every time we look towards the kitchen, or walk that way, we can see the holiday love in card format. Plus we can see the really cute Eleanore. See what I did? A quickie mat job, with awled in holes, a bit of twisty wire and some buttons, and we got ourselves a cute little way to hang a picture. Looks like I cut off some of the detail from the top. You get the general idea though.

eleanore

3 comments:

Ms. Jessie said...

we dont have the money for christmas cards this year so I plan on sending out a new year letter. I put our cards on the china hutch in the front room and everyone can see them when the come in. Only two cards so far.

Hybrid Hopes said...

The only year Andy and I were going to do Christmas cards happened to be the worst year ever. I always like getting them in the mail though, so I oughta send 'em out....

Tia Colleen said...

Christmas cards are my favorite part of December. We display ours in our tree like ornaments. We made sure to send them out extra early this year, so that everyone would get them in time to display them if they so wanted to, like you did (which is perfect btw), rather than having everyone get them a few days before Christmas, and them ending up in the trash without ever coming out of the envelope for more than a 2 minute visit. Growing up, I always remember being so excited when my family would get a card in the mail, and my mom letting me open them. Even if I can't send gifts, I think I'll always send cards. And hopefully everyone that gets them, is as excited as I am to send them?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...