Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Front Yard Flora

tiny yellow flowers from bulbs

Those lovely butter yellow flowers peeked their head up a while ago, and started blooming last week. I don't know what they are, but I'm so glad they came up to say hello. I do know that their petals are butter yellow, their naughty bits are bright orange, and they came from a bulb.

I know what these guys are though:
hens and chicks
Friendly little hens and chicks. They also came with the house when we moved in, but they were clumped under Mungo Pines that we took out. I love their purple winter tinge.

And our strawberries overwintered nicely. I think I might have to buy a couple more so that we'll get enough for a bowlful or two.
strawberry clump
strawberry

This is better than Christmas!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...